Restoration Alliance Mission
- Promote cooperation among all
parties with an interest in resolving problems of mine drainage and
abandoned mine land (AML) reclamation
- Encourage partnerships among
industry, government and citizens
- Stimulate reclamation of AML and
- Acquire public and private funding
for AML reclamation
- Educate and involve the public on
- Develop incentives and methods to
facilitate remediation of AML
- Promote stabilization of culm banks
- Encourage safe development of AML
Shamokin Creek Restoration Alliance Officer Duties
- President - chairs all meetings,
appoints committee chairpersons and is empowered to appoint other officers
in the case of vacancies.
- Vice President - chairs meetings and
serves in all other duties in the absence of the President in his absence.
- Secretary - maintains accurate records
of meetings of the Alliance, maintains records of letters sent and
received and maintains membership lists and is responsible for meeting
- Treasurer - serves as custodian of all
funds and appropriate records of same.
The officers receive no compensation for their positions. They, or any other
member, may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in the furtherance
of the objectives of the organization, however, no officer, board member or
member shall personally profit financially from the activities of the
organization except for ordinary business at arms length, in a prudent manner
between these parties.
Shamokin Creek Restoration Alliance Standing
- Projects Committee - in charge of
identifying activities of the organization and developing and implementing
- Finance Committee - responsible for
raising funds needed to accomplish the activities of the organization,
oversight over all financial activities, including, but not limited to,
fund raising, grant applications, loans, depository accounts and any and
all receipts and expenditures and responsible for conducting an annual
- Administrative Committee - responsible
for oversight of By-Laws, rules and regulations of the organization,
developing and implement membership procedures and serve as the nominating
committee for the election of officers and Directors.
- Public Relations Committee -
responsible for communicating to the media, public and membership and
constituent organizations and communities relevant information about the
organization and its activities which will generate their interest,
cooperation and participation.
- Executive Committee - empowered to act
on business of the Board of Directors in the interim between meetings of
the Board of Directors.
to SCRA Home Page