Mary Susan George
She was the mother of my grandfather, Baxter Taylor, wife of James Patton Taylor, born August 28, 1844, died August 10, 1893. Her father was James Dugger George (b. June 9, 1816, Sullivan Co., TN, d. 1908, in Texas); her mother, Mary Ann Worley (b. Nov. 17, 1818, d. Jan. 9, 1845). Her mother died when Mary Susan was four months old, and her father, not able to care for her, gave her over to the care of the Fellows family, who reared her. Mary Susan's ten children by James P. Taylor were:
She was not quite forty-nine years old at the time of her death. My grandfather would have been sixteen years old, still living at the family home on the Nolachucky--what a loss it must have been!
- Nathaniel Fellows (b. Feb. 9, 1867, d. April 6, 1887)
- James P., Jr. (b. August 8, 1868, d. Nov. 1, 1931; m. Edith Smith)
- Napoleon Bonaparte (b. September 1, 1870, d. September 10, 1946; m. Marilla Broyles)
- William Shakespeare (b. May 26, 1872, d. 1933; m. Margaret Taylor)
- Gertrude (b. May 27, 1875, d. February 7, 1951; m. Harvey Hannah)
- Baxter (b. Jan. 20, 1877, d. April 2, 1961; m. Love Thomas)
- Emma Josephine (b. Dec. 29, 1878, d. May 25, 1915; m. Charles Taylor)
- Robert David (b. May 13, 1881, d. Aug. 1931; m. Mary Pendergrass)
- Philip Sheridan (b. Feb. 26, 1884, d. Oct. 6, 1955; m. Willie Hook)
- Sanna (b. June 20, 1886, d. April 9, 1974; m. James Pouder).